[Seminario] INVITACIÓN SEMINARIO EDP, LUNES 13 DE MAYO A LAS 14:30 HRS.

Maria Ines Rivera mrivera en dim.uchile.cl
Vie Mayo 3 11:10:08 -04 2019

Estimados Académicos(as) y Alumnos(as),

Se les invita para el Lunes 13 de mayo a las 14:30 hrs, al Seminario
EDP, el cual tendrá lugar en la sala de seminarios Felipe Álvarez, del
Depto. de Ingeniería Matemática, Beauchef 851, Torre Norte, Quinto Piso.

*Seminario EDP

**Dario Valdebenedito*
*McMaster University
*
*Title*

*Partially localized solutions of some elliptic equations on $R^{N+1}.*

*Abstract:*

It is well known that, under quite general assumptions, fully localized
solutions of a homogeneous semilinear elliptic equation must be radially
symmetric. Many authors have exhibited the complexity of solutions which
are only partially localized (that is, only decaying in some variables).

In this talk I consider solutions which are quasiperiodic in one
variable, decaying in all the others. In the first part of the talk I
develop a framework for finding such solutions in the nonhomogeneous
case; in the second part I show the existence of nonlinearities for
which these solutions exist. The latter portion of the talk will also
exhibit the difficulties when attempting to obtain the existence of
quasiperiodic solutions for nonlinearities such as $f(u)=u^p-u$.

Martes 13 de mayo a las 14:30 hrs Sala de seminarios Felipe
Álvarez, piso 5, DIM, U. de Chile.Beauchef 851, Torre Norte.