[Seminario] INVITACIÓN Seminario doble conjunto Modelamiento Estocástico / Núcleo Milenio MESCYD, MARTES 16 DE ABRIL A CONTAR DE LAS 15:00 HRS.

Maria Ines Rivera mrivera en dim.uchile.cl
Lun Abr 15 20:18:56 -04 2019

Estimados(as) Académicos y Alumnos,

Se les invita para el este martes 16 de abril, a 2 sesiones del
seminario *Seminario doble conjunto Modelamiento Estocástico / Núcleo
Milenio MESCYD*, el cual tendrá lugar en la sala de seminarios John Von
Neumann del CMM, séptimo piso, torre norte, de Beauchef 851.

**

*
*

*Seminario doble conjunto Modelamiento Estocástico / Núcleo Milenio MESCYD*

**

*Primera Sesión: 3pm*

Avelio Sepúlveda (U. Lyon 1)

*Liouville dynamical percolation*

A dynamical percolation is a process on black and white colourings of
the vertices of a graph, in which each vertex has an independent
Poissonian clock, and each time a clock rings the colour of its
correspondent vertex is resampled. In this talk, we will study a
dynamical percolation in the triangular grid, using clocks whose rate is
defined in terms of a Liouville measure of parameter $\gamma$. In
particular, we will show that this dynamic converges, in the scaling
limit, to a càdlàg process that undergoes a phase transition when
$\gamma=\sqrt{5/2}$.

Joint work with C. Garban, N. Holden and X. Sun.

---

*Segunda Sesión: 4pm*

Nikolas Tapia (Norwegian U. of Science and Technology)

*The signature method*

Introduced by Chen and then generalised by Lyons, signatures have found
a wide number of applications in Machine Learning and Data Analysis in
recent years.

On the first half of this talk I will give a brief introduction to the
subject and describe some of the applications existing in the literature.

On the second half, I will discuss current work-in-progress (joint with
E. Celledoni and P. E. Lystad) on an application of the signature method
to motion recognition in computer animation.

Sala de Seminarios John Von Neumann CMM, séptimo piso torre norte,
Beauchef 851.

Esperando contar con su presencia, les saluda,

Ma. Inés Rivera