[Seminario] Seminarios EDP Lunes 28 de Mayo

fethi mahmoudi fmahmoudi en dim.uchile.cl
Mie Mayo 16 10:36:19 -04 2018

Estimadas y estimados,

Les escribo para invitarlos cordialmente a una nueva sesión del seminario  EDPs el dia Lunes 28 de Mayo  en la sala de seminarios  Felipe Álvarez Daziano, 5to. piso del DIM, U. de Chile.
En esta ocasión contaremos con :

4.10pm Frédéric Rousset (Université Paris Sud, France)
Title:  Linear inviscid damping and enhanced viscous dissipation of shear flows by the conjugate operator method
Abstract: We will show how we can use the classical Mourre commutator method
to study the asymptotic behavior of the linearized incompressible Euler and
Navier-Stokes at small viscosity equations  about shear flows. We will focus
on the case of the mixing layer.
Joint work with E Grenier, T. Nguyen and A. Soffer

5.pm  Claire Delplancke (CMM)
Title: Intertwinings and Stein’s factors for birth-death processes
Abstract: In this talk, I will present intertwinings between Markov processes and gradients, which are functional relations relative to the space-derivative of a Markov semigroup. I will recall the first-order relation , in the continuous case for diffusions and in the discrete case for birth-death processes, and introduce a new second-order relation for a discrete Laplacian. As the main application, new quantitative bounds on the Stein factors of discrete distributions are provided. Stein’s factors are a key component of Stein’s method, a collection of techniques to bound the distance between probability distribution.

Saludos cordiales