[Seminario] Recordatorio INVITACION SEMINARIO CONJUNTO Modelamiento Estocástico y Núcleo MESCD LUNES 13 DE JUNIO A CONTAR DE LAS 15:00 HRS.

Maria Ines mrivera en dim.uchile.cl
Lun Jun 13 07:54:16 CLT 2016

Estimados Académicos y Alumnos,

se les recuerda que hoy Lunes 13 de  Junio a  contar de las 15:00 hrs,
se realizarán    2 sesiones del*/Seminario  Conjunto de Modelamiento
Estocástico y Núcleo MESCD/*, el cual tendrá lugar en la sala de
Seminarios John Von Neumann CMM.

/*SEMINARIO
Conjunto de Modelamiento Estocástico y Núcleo MESCD*/

*15:00 hrs. /PR/*/*IMERA PARTE:*/

*Expositor: Ioannis Papageorgiou (UBA)

Titulo: The log-Sobolev inequality for unbounded spin systems on the
lattice.* *

Resumen:*
A criterion will be presented for the log-Sobolev inequality for unbounded
spin systems on the lattice with non-quadratic interactions. This is a
joint work with Takis Konstantopoulos (Uppsala) and James Inglis (INRIA).
Furthermore, in the case of quadratic interactions, a perturbation result
for the inequality will be presented.

*/16: 30 hrs.  SEGUNDA PARTE:
Expositora: Aurelia Deshayes (UBA)

Titulo : Scaling limit of subcritical contact process/ /

Resumen :/ *
  I will talk about subcritical contact process on Zd. The contact
process, introduced in 1974 by Harris, models the spread of an
infection. It is one of the simplest interacting particle systems which
exhibits a phase transition. In the subcritical case, the process
vanishes if we start with a finite number of infected particles. But
what happens if we start with infinite number of particles? I will
present a work, in collaboration with Leo Rolla, about the description
of the subcritical contact process for large times starting with all
sites infected. The configuration is described in terms of the
macroscopic locations of infected regions in space and the relative
positions of infected sites in each such region (which involce a quasi
stationary distribution of the contact process modulo translation). This
work is an extension of a previous paper written by Andjel, Ezanno,
Groisman and Rolla which describes the subcritical contact process seen
from the rightmost infected particle in dimension 1.

Esperando contar con su presencia, les saluda,

Ma.  Inés Rivera